Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thursday's Junque

Thursday's Junque is ( of course this was LAST Thursday):
Industrial Christmas!
Love this metal wall mounted file holder.  So many organizational and display possibilities.  And listen, I buy vintage Christmas year round but 'tis the season to find it in abundance!
Thursday's Junque is also:
Made In the USA

This tickles me so because I am a Philly girl who spends every day wishing I could get a real soft pretzel and cheese steak.  It's a tall order but you probably are uninterested in my dissertation on all the things that are wrong with the "Philly" cheese steaks being served in the rest of the country.  Sometimes I get one and think what a crime it is to even attempt to call this, this "THING" a cheese steak.  Anyhoo...
The file was made in Chicago and that brings me to my big point.  I'm all about let's try and buy American.  It makes sense.  It feels good.  Not even all that hard if you follow my mantra:
Buy American
Buy Vintage!
I'm thinking of printing up t-shirts for my spring shows with this slogan.  Get the original deal - not the repro one from PB, RH and the like.  The first time around they were almost all made here in the US.  And when you purchase from a vintage seller you're keeping us in business, right here in America.
Just a thought.


4 comments:

Ivy and Elephants said...

Yea! I am always buying vintage or antique. I love it, and it helps small businesses. That's why other countries have such cool stuff, ...they don't throw it away!!!! I hope I've instilled this in my daughter.
Great finds you've got there, I can see the possibilities!
Keep junkin'
Patti

Pam @ Frippery said...

Fantastic idea Carrie.

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

I am new to your blog and am so glad that I found it! Love the wall file holder I agree there are so many possibilities with it!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Awesome idea...let's all do it!!!

Blessings,
Linda