Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Rose By Any Other Name

Flowers and jewelry. The classic Valentine gift. What if you put the two together in one?!
Lucky for me the thrift gods were shining down on me Friday night and I found this fabulous vintage rose brooch. It is enormous. Over 4 inches long.

Feeling particularly generous the thrifts gods actually provided me with a veritable bouquet of jewelry!
Thrifty, vintage valentines are some of my favorites!
This is it folks. Check back for my next post. 100 posts equals one terrific giveaway for you!
Linking to:
Thrift Share Monday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday




9 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That is such a pretty broach! Don't think I've seen one quite like that. Very lucky you!

Unknown said...

Hello! I am preparing my post today for my Dolly Dingle Valentine Exchange, and yours is the only one not featured. I came here in the hopes of finding an image to use. My little neighbor girl specifically asked for that one to take to school. She loved the pink pearls outlining the heart! I apologize for this but thank you so very much for joining me in my last swap. Happy Valentine's Day to You! Elizabeth

Unknown said...

Hi Carrie, Back again to say YES! I did receive the little bird dish. This has been an overwhelming swap with so many packages arriving in the mail. I have just noticed you are in Springfield in May. This is the wonderful antique mall I often feature on my blog. I will have to try and stop by in the hopes of meeting you! Happy Valentine's Day, Elizabeth

Alyssa said...

What lovely brooches! Over 4 inches though? That is long. Wonder how you'd wear it?

Betty said...

Oooh, such pretties. I really like the leaf with the pink rhinestones.

Donnie said...

I inherited my mother and my grandmother's jewelry and there are some very pretty brooches there too. I love what you showed.

Noble Vintage said...

thanks for stopping by today! No, not really looking all that bad, just extremely dumpy. But I know how hard a basement can be to work in- we had one several years ago with lots of great "work space" but not so fun to be down there! I feel your pain, sister! ;)
love all of your thrifty brooches. Very nostalgic!

Deanna said...

Loved your finds. I adore finding beautiful vintage pins. I always wear my pins. Great post!

Deanna :D

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

These are so very pretty.