Sunday, July 29, 2012

Heading Out

I took a small break this morning. I unglued my eyes from Olympic coverage and headed out to the flea market. Once there these lovelies hopped into my cart:



Ah, the allure of doll heads sans bodies. These have been on my list for a while and will look terrific under a cloche.



I recently had a conversation with myself that involved the topic of white dishes. Despite evidence to the contrary the conversation ended with my brain deciding to part with the stacks I have and refrain from purchasing more. Apparently, in my Olympic addled state, my brain forgot. So now I have a stack of ten more plates AND the gravy boat.
Possibly I will alter them as I did with some ironstone earlier this year. Anyone remember this picture and post?



Hmmm. Of course they are rather fabulous as found...



Decisions. Decisions. Decisions best left for some later point in time when I have not stayed up until the wee hours of the morning watching athletes work really, really hard. You know, the kind of effort that makes me feel sluggish, ancient and pathetic for sitting on the couch! At least I did a small flea market sprint, right?




2 comments:

Happy Blue Gal said...

LOVE the doll heads. Great score!

Pam @ Frippery said...

Love the heads and the white dishes too. Sometimes we just can't help ourselves. White dishes will always be classic.