Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Elevating The Newest Ordinary Picks!

Still elevating the ordinary here at Maison du Junque.
Witness a little re-do of the ever so humble blue Mason jar.
Stamped chalkboard tags add a little something (now down to 4 million 9 hundred thousand give or take).
Possibly you had one of these growing up. We never did but I sure remember them.  Made in Taiwan cheese dome with a new lease on life.
Oh that French Linen makes my heart pitter pat.  Thrifted silver plate wine bottle coaster adds a little texture (or as the Princess noted upon her return from school, "Mommy, I like how the silver gives it layers").
Really re-using now.  I made these junque ornaments around the holidays.  They had wired tinsel hangers before so I simply switched that out for some twine. Tied it on the lid and now we have one seriously updated "cloche".
What are you junking these days?
Don't forget to enter the fabulous Gorilla Glue giveaway I've got going on.  You never know when your junque might need a little adhesive!
Linking to:

7 comments:

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Putting those tags on the Ball jars really makes them unique. And I love your updated cheese cloche. I'm following through Linky followers now.

sweetvintageofmine said...

The tags on your blue jars are sweet!
Timing couldn't be better...I just set out some blue jars my mother had given me years ago.....then I see yours! It must be a sign! See you at the VINTAGE MARKETPLACE SHOW in May! From one Sweetie to another...Roxie

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

I love Mason Jars and I really like the addition of those tags. It's amazing how one small thing can make a big difference.

Janette - The2Seasons said...

I have around 10 of those jars. They are in the basement in a box. Your label idea is great. I think I'll dig them out, label them, and put them to use.

Anonymous said...

I just adore Mason jars and those tags are just so cute!
Cas x

Erin~Just*Grand said...

Visiting from French Country Cottage... Love your blog. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

L'Heure Bleue At Home said...

Your collection of blue Mason jars look wonderful with the tags and twine. You did a great job.