Thursday, March 15, 2012

Recent Finds

Spring is definitely in the air.  Sadly this means the garden is in need of work.  I know a lot of you fabulous folks are terrific green thumbs.
Me? Yeah, not so much.
I loathe it.  I hate it. I dread it and the only things that grow really well in the clay/backfill we jokingly call dirt in my yard?  Weeds. Oh yes, they grow like a dream.
So I've been on yard duty. Not that anyone walking by would be able to tell.
Peeps, I live in dread of one of those ugly HOA letters.
So not much to share but I thought I'd put together a few shots of some of last weekend's finds.
Cool vintage school furniture.  I painted a green chalkboard top on it. Won't it make a fun bedside table?  Setting this one aside for Vintage Marketplace.
I have a strange affinity for vintage art supplies.  This ties in nicely with the school theme.
West German cake mold.  Love the heft and patina!
Filled it up with some trims and four metal drawer pulls which my husband spotted!
Love the embroidery on this ribbon.  So pretty. Of course I'll probably hoard it. Do you do that?  Rescue it because you love it but then never use it for fear of not having it anymore?
Issues people. I've got LOTS of issues.
Hope you are all happily finding junque.
As for me, I'm off to serve more of my sentence in the yard.  I've figured out that gardening is like exercise for me. I really love the results but have absolutely NO interest in putting in the effort required to achieve said results!
Check back next week. I'm putting together a fabulous giveaway with Gorilla Glue. Yeah, you heard me.  Gorilla Glue woo hoo!!!!

5 comments:

outjunking said...

Love this post. Your singing to the chore here on that junking thing. Wish I had found that way cool school desk. It's fine for sure! Weeds you mean those aren't flowers.

Pam @ Frippery said...

That table is to die for. Vintage art supplies are one of Sadie and my favorite collections too. Good hunting! The weeds are the bane of my existence as well. I can't believe this insane early spring. No time to get a jump on those stinking weeds, they have already taken over.

Blessed Serendipity said...

That is gorgeous ribbon! I do keep some special supplies too and never want to use it for fear of not having it anymore (sigh). Oh well it seems like something else is always around the corner to find. Have a great day!

Danielle

Protector of Vintage said...

Oh my gosh....love that chalkboard table! I would scoop it up in a second...such great character. Good luck in the yard.

White Lace and Promises said...

Love your blog. Love the school furniture. Makes a great little side table and great for a playroom for my grandbaby! I'm your newest follower. I've just passed 50 followers and I'm so excited. Follow me and enter into a drawer for one of my aprons or a porcelain tureen.