Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Paint By Number Love


I've mentioned before my love for thrifted and yard sale art. The ever present dream of one day hitting the jackpot. Mostly an inability to refrain from rescuing art that was created by a real person!
Many, many (as in over a decade many) years ago we started collecting paint by numbers. Back before it was cool or trendy. Back before big name magazines highlighted them.
The result?




That's a portion of our bedroom wall. Most of them moved from MD with us. Yes, that did raise some eyebrows with the movers! We are just about out of room so rarely pick them up anymore (and finding them for a few dollars each is pretty hard these days!). I do find it hard to resist them when we do stumble upon them. After this many years, rescuing every PBN I see is practically a must and I do have to stop myself from automatically grabbing any PBN that crosses my path.




Yesterday I had an "a-ha" moment as I came across this easel in the garage. A quick grab of this auction painting which has been waiting for a frame for...ummm...longer than I care to admit and up the stairs we went.




Yeah. One less thing in the garage. One less painting waiting for a home (because it is obviously still waiting for a frame). Want to see it closer? Yeah. You do. Do let me oblige.




Isn't it fab?
Best of all? The hubs and I agree that the only thing better on that easel would be a big 'ole PBN to tie in to the rest of the wall. So I'm hunting again! Yippee.
Making every day a little bit vintage,
Carrie
Linking to:
Be Inspired
Wow Us Wednesday

2 comments:

sweetvintageofmine said...

Carrie, what a FABULOUS collection of PBN! There is something about them..that grabs your heart! I clicked "enlarge" on your bedroom wall to see what you have. I especially are drawn to the ones with cottages, farmhouses, barns etc. Hey, it's ART and you have an eye for it! Have a blessed week! Roxie

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

I've never seen this! I didn't even know there was a PBN following (I'm 30. Does my age have anything to do with it??) I like your wall full of PBN pieces. Very interesting.

Stopping by from WUW, where I'm #56. Feel free to visit me at thepolkadotshoes.blogspot.com.

Blessings from OK,
Meredith